- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Syllabus specifications for Communication, Performance, Group and Introductory Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Widening Access
- Support Us
What were you doing before you came to LAMDA?
I was at college doing a BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts.
Why did you decide to apply to LAMDA?
My drama teacher told me about LAMDA and after doing some research, I decided to apply. I knew LAMDA offered a wide range of classes like dance and stage combat and that was exactly what I needed.
What’s the best thing about studying at LAMDA?
The wonderful people you meet and work with. The focus on the ensemble is so central to LAMDA's training. With a class of such wonderful people, it was easy to put my focus on them rather than on myself.
What did you look forward to the most in a week at LAMDA?
I looked forward to pushing my boundaries, discovering I could do something I didn't think was possible. Those moments of revelation were invaluable.
Where did you live while you were at LAMDA?
I moved from east London to west London. Compared to some of my peers it wasn't a big move, but for me it was life changing! I had to become independent very quickly. Managing my time and emotions took a bit of practice! But once I settled into LAMDA, I felt much more at ease.
Tell us about a time at LAMDA that you’ll never forget.
Winning Fight Night in my final year with my partner, Albert. When our names were announced I knew it was a special moment I would never forget. The hard work was worth it!
What do you hope to do now you have graduated?
I have two weeks off until I start rehearsals for the Shakespeare Trilogy at the Donmar Warehouse, which I'm very excited about! So, thankfully, I'll be very busy doing what I love.
Do you think your training at LAMDA has prepared you for a career in the industry? If so, how?
I came to LAMDA with a couple of things in my toolbox but now, thanks to the training, I have so much more in there. I'm ready and excited to go out into the professional world and continue adding to my box!
Describe your time at LAMDA in three words.
Happy. Crazy. Unforgettable.
Leah graduated in 2016.