- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- All Examinations
- ExamTrack Resources
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- All Examinations
- Widening Access
- Support Us
The UK Qualifications Framework
LAMDA has been recognised as an awarding organisation by Ofqual, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulations in England, and the corresponding regulatory authorities in Wales (Qualification Wales) and Northern Ireland (CCEA).
There are many benefits to being a recognised awarding organisation with Ofqual:
- it gives confidence to students and employers that the qualifications are delivered by an organisation whose integrity, resources and competence have been independently checked
- it informs those who use the awarding organisation's qualifications – students, schools, employers etc. – that the qualifications are monitored and are of the advertised standard and level
- if the awarding organisation develops qualifications for specific trades or industries, it gives assurance that the qualification is suitable for those specific or specialist needs
- it allows the awarding organisation's qualifications to be transferred throughout Europe as part of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and can enhance the standing of the awarding organisation's qualifications in countries outside Europe.
LAMDAs qualifications are credit bearing qualifications that previously sat on the Qualifications and Credit Framework. This framework it did not allow direct comparisons to other qualification types. It was disbanded and replaced by the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF) in Dec 2015.
The advent of Ofquals new Regulated Qualification Framework now allows for direct comparison between academic (ie GCSEs/A’Levels) and vocational qualifications (ie LAMDA qualifications)
The levels of the qualifications on the RQF are the same as when they sat on the QCF. Comparison qualifications by Level for LAMDA qualifications can be found in this table.
The European Qualifications Framework
The European Qualifications Framework (EQF) compares the levels of qualifications across Europe, making it easier to understand their value. This is useful if you need to explain your qualifications to others, or to understand qualifications awarded in other European countries. The table below shows how RCF levels are aligned with EQF levels.