- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
As a recognised awarding organisation, we have a duty to ensure that the integrity of our qualifications/units and assessment is maintained at all times. At the same time, we have a duty to protect the rights of the individual learner(s). This includes assisting them in accessing qualifications/units and assessment in a manner appropriate to their needs.
We are committed to achieving this by:
- recognising the diverse needs of learners at the stage at which qualifications/units and assessment are designed. We are committed to an inclusive approach to ensure access is built into the qualification/unit and assessment for all learners from initial design through to completion.
- making appropriate reasonable adjustments to standard assessment arrangements whenever this is required to enable fair access.
A reasonable adjustment helps to reduce the effect of a disability or difficulty that places the learner at a substantial disadvantage in the assessment situation. Reasonable adjustments must not affect the validity or reliability of assessment outcomes, nor give the learner in question an unfair advantage, but they may involve:
- adjusting assessment materials
- providing assistance during assessment, where appropriate
- reorganising the assessment physical environment
- changing usual assessment arrangements.
Examples of reasonable adjustments granted:
- allowance of additional time
- assessment material in large format/font
- assessment material in Braille
- Sign Language Interpreters (BSL and ISL)
- assessment material on coloured paper
- practical assistance.
A reasonable adjustment must be approved by LAMDA examinations and set in place prior to the assessment commencing.
Please contact LAMDA Examinations if you have a request related to reasonable adjustments.