- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
Funding for International Students
International students; if you have any questions about funding opportunities to train at LAMDA, our Admissions Team will be happy to help answer them. Email the team at [email protected].
A helpful resource for international applicants to LAMDA is the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA). Visit the UKCISA website to access their Funding Advice for International Students.
LAMDA is approved by the US Dept for Education to participate in the US Federal Direct Loan Program. Our Federal School Code is G21086. All full-time UG and PG courses lasting a year or more are covered. The courses covered are:
- BA (Hons) Professional Acting
- MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre
- MFA Professional Acting
- FdA Production and Technical Arts: Stage & Screen
- BA (Hons) Production and Technical Arts (top-up)
If you wish to apply for US Federal Loan funding, please first read the Student Guide to Direct Loans and the US Consumer Information. Students from the US may also apply for funding to student loan company, Sallie Mae.
The financial aid information page FinAid provides a free, comprehensive and objective guide to student financial aid in the USA. It includes sections on study abroad and an online database search engine, FastWEB.
Note: the websites and agencies listed are for your information and do not carry any endorsement from LAMDA.
Scholarships & Bursaries
International students may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary to train at LAMDA. View our Scholarships & Bursaries page to find out more.
We recommend that international students contact the Department of Education in their home country for details of any government scholarships or funding which may be available for overseas study.
US applicants for the MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre may be eligible to apply for the Fulbright-John Wood LAMDA Award to cover tuition fees and help with maintence costs. Learn more on the Fulbright website.
Study Abroad Funding
Students coming to LAMDA as part of a Study Abroad programme should speak to their home institution about any funding options which may be available.
There are a number of international charities, trusts and foundations that can assist students with their fees and living costs. These organisations are generally able to make only small grants and many have very specific criteria to determine who they help.