- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Syllabus specifications for Communication, Performance, Group and Introductory Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
How to Apply
Applications are open.
Applications for FDA Production and Technical Arts and MA Directing are through UCAS Conservatoires.
1. Entry Requirements
The minimum entry age for LAMDA courses is 18, except for some of our short courses which have a minimum entry age of 16 or 17.
- Each of our courses has specific entry requirements, and have deadlines for applications, which you should review before applying.
2. Apply Online
Select the course page of your choice and click the Apply Now button on the page.
- Register your details in our applications portal. Don’t worry about trying to complete your application in one sitting; you can come back to it and make changes.
- When you are ready to submit your application, you will be asked to pay an application fee via our secure online system.
- After submitting and paying for your application, you will receive an email to confirm that we have received your application and are processing it. You will then receive a further email once your application has been processed and is ready to be scheduled for an audition.
- Please review our Terms and Conditions before submitting your application.
- Please note: LAMDA does not require references as part of your application. If you are only applying to LAMDA, you can write “reference not required” in the UCAS application form text box. This also applies if the other institutions you are applying to are happy to consider your application without a reference.
3. Auditions and Interviews
Once you have submitted your application, it will be processed and you will receive notification of your audition/interview date.
- We hold auditions and interviews in London and across the UK, EU and North America.
- Applicants are usually given two to three weeks’ notice of their audition/interview date but it may be less, so you should be ready for your audition/interview when you submit your application. Please note that you could be scheduled at any point within the audition period, regardless of when you submit your application (for instance, if you apply in November you may potentially not hear from us again until February/March).
- Auditions will run between November 2018 and May 2019. The date you are scheduled will be based on the availability provided in your application, so please ensure this is completed before submitting. The majority of auditions will take place on weekends (or Wednesdays if you are auditioning in London), and we are only able to offer one audition date per application, so it is extremely important to keep us updated with regards to your available dates. Full terms and conditions will be provided at point of application.
- For those based overseas, first-round Skype interviews are available for our MA Directing and FdA Production & Technical Arts course.
LAMDA has three potential audition rounds:
- A first round audition, which every applicant is guaranteed to have.
- A second audition - offered in certain cases where the panel would like to see an applicant again.
- A recall audition - a full day taking place in April and June. After a recall audition the panel would be in a position to offer a place on a course.
We aim to email all audition results within two to three weeks of your date.
Applications for the 2019 - 2020 are open.
- The application deadline for the BA (Hons) Professional Acting, MFA Professional Acting and MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre is 1 March 2019.
- The application deadline for the Production & Technical Arts courses, MA Directing and Foundation Diploma is 1 May 2019.
- There is no application deadline for our Semester Programme Classical Acting, Shakespeare Summer School or any of our short courses.
Some important points to note:
- Deferred entry to any of our courses is not possible unless very exceptional circumstances apply.
- We cannot accept auditions by video.
- You should apply as early as possible. Applications cannot be accepted after the advertised deadlines.
- LAMDA reserves the right to alter the advertised courses and course content.
- We recommend that students insure themselves to cover any medical or transport costs and loss of fees in the event that illness or accident prevents them from taking up their place at the Academy.
- In the unlikely event that LAMDA is compelled to close due to a force majeure, no fees can be returned nor compensation be made for any period of tuition that may have been lost through the Academy’s inability to carry on its work.
Applicants should include the relevant application/audition/interview fee with their application.
Applicants for our BA (Hons) Professional Acting, MFA Professional Acting, MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre should include:
£54 by credit or debit card for an audition in the UK, Dublin or Paris, or
£85 by credit or debit card for an audition in North America venue
Applicants for our LAMDA Foundation Diploma should include:
£54 by credit or debit card
Applicants for our Semester Programme in Classical Acting (Spring/Autumn) and short courses should include:
£21 by credit or debit card.
Note: the application/audition/interview fee is non-returnable and must be paid in pounds sterling. You can pay by credit or debit card for an online application. Money orders cannot be accepted in any currency, nor can we accept payment of these fees by direct bank transfer.
We do not discriminate on the grounds of disability, ethnicity, background, gender, sexuality or religion. LAMDA does, however, judge applicants critically on their suitability for a course, according to their ability and their potential to successfully complete the training. The work is rigorous and requires high levels of energy and commitment.
Throughout our admissions process we are committed to supporting applicants with disabilities, learning needs or access requirements. Applicants and students are encouraged to disclose their needs and requirements so that we can endeavour to meet them during the audition/interview process and the training.
We recognise that everyone is an individual. We will work with students to identify potential barriers to training and will do what we can to remove these barriers. We will make any reasonable adjustment to ensure that disabled students can train at LAMDA.