- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
LAMDA International Teacher’s
Certificate in Communication (LTCC)
The LTCC is designed to help non-UK teachers develop the skills to teach communication and speech, primarily in the context of LAMDA’s Level 1 Communication examinations. The syllabus reflects the complex role of the communications teacher, combining research, analysis and reflection with practical exercises and tasks.
The LTCC comprises attendance on an approved teaching course for a minimum of 25 hours and is assessed through internal and external observation. The LTCC is a multi-unit qualification and all units are compulsory.
Internal Assessment Task – give an a oral presentation that includes:
- a memorised performance of one of the set poems from the LAMDA Verse and Prose Anthology Vol. 17 from Introductory to Grade 3
- a presentation of strategies for teaching the speaking of this poem to an individual learner.
Prepare a ten-lesson Scheme of Work for the teaching of one LAMDA Communication subject at either Entry Level or Level 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age do I have to be to take the LTCC?
The minimum age for the LTCC is 19 years old. You must be at least 19 years old before registering for the qualification.
Do I need any previous qualifications/experience before taking the LTCC?
You do not need any previous qualifications to take the LTCC. You should, however, have some teaching experience.