- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
LAMDA International Teacher’s
Certificate in Performance (LTCP)
The LTCP is designed to help non-UK teachers develop the ability to teach performance skills, primarily in the context of LAMDA’s Level 1 Performance examinations. The syllabus reflects the complex role of the performance skills teacher, combining research, analysis and reflection with practical exercises and tasks.
The LTCP comprises attendance on an approved teaching course for a minimum of 20 hours (25 hours if undertaking the musical theatre specialism) and is assessed through internal and external observation. The LTCP is a multi-unit qualification and all units are compulsory.
Internal Assessment Task – give an oral presentation that includes:
- a memorised performance of one of the set acting scenes at Level 1 from the LAMDA Acting Anthology Vol. 2
- a presentation of strategies for teaching the selected acting scene, for a learner to present in performance.
Prepare a ten-lesson Scheme of Work for preparing learners for assessment in one of the LAMDA Performance subjects at either Entry Level or Level 1. If the additional musical theatre option is selected in Unit 1, this Scheme of Work must be designed around preparations for assessment in musical theatre.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age do I have to be to take the LTCP?
The minimum age for the LTCP is 19 years old. You must be at least 19 years old before registering for the qualification.
Do I need any previous qualifications/experience before taking the LTCP?
You do not need any previous qualifications to take the LTCC. You should, however, have some teaching experience.