- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
August Alumni News update
- You can catch plenty of LAMDA students and alumni at this year’s Edinburgh Festival Fringe from 2 – 26 August. Take a look at who is taking part here.
- The John Thaw Initiative Graduate Season will feature Do Not Alight Here, a new play written by 2019 graduate Gilbert Kyem Jnr, running from 15 – 17 August at The Actors Centre.
- 2013 graduates The Wet Mariners will perform Romeo & Juliet at Willow Globe, Wales on 3 August.
- Esh Alladi will star in The Argument from 7 – 24 August at Theatre Royal Bath.
- Jaimi Barbakoff joins the cast of Appropriate at the Donmar Warehouse. It opens on 16 August and runs through until October.
- 2019 graduate William Robinson can be seen in Target Man at The King’s Head Theatre from 20 – 24 August.
- You can catch Sam Jenkins-Shaw (2014) in The Night Watch as it embarks on a national tour from 22 August through to November.
- Arty Froushan (2017) plays series regular Jonah Breakspeare in new fantasy series Carnival Row which will premiere on Amazon Prime on 30 August.
Behind The Scenes
- Natasha Chivers is the Lighting Designer for The Doctor, running at the Almeida Theatre from 10 August – 28 September.
- MA Directing alumna Elizabeth Benbow (2018) directs How We Begin at The King’s Head Theatre, running on 11 & 12 August.
- 2018 Directing graduate Laura Jayne Bateman directs new play Target Man at The King’s Head Theatre from 20 – 24 August. Jenny Wall (2018) is also Assistant Producer on the project.
- Hugh Coles (2017) has been cast as George in the World Premiere of Back To The Future: The Musical, opening in Manchester next year.
- Sarah Goldberg has been nominated for Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series at this year’s Emmy Awards. The awards take place on 22 September.
- Angus Yellowlees (2017) will join the company for the West End transfer of Tom Morris’ production Touching The Void which will play at Duke of York’s Theatre from 9 November for a strictly limited season.
- BBC1 has just announced the cast for their adaptation of Agatha Christie’s The Pale Horse which includes Claire Skinner. The two-part series is expected to air Christmas 2020.
- Tom Riley is joining the cast of Joss Whedon’s new HBO Sci-Fi drama The Nevers as series regular Augustus "Augie" Bidlow.
Make sure you don’t miss…
- Che Francis (2017) in The Colours, a new play created from interviews with patients at Ty Olwen Hospice in Swansea & Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff, now running at Soho Theatre until 17 August.
- Last chance to see Leah Harvey (2016) in Small Island at the National Theatre, closing on 10 August.
- Last chance to see Rosalind Eleazar (2015) playing Angela in Starry Messenger alongside Matthew Broderick and Elizabeth McGovern at the Wyndham’s Theatre, closing on 10 August.
Published 1 August 2019