- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
July alumni news
- Brooke Markham (2013) stars in Netflix series In The Dark which is released on Friday 5 July.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor is the voice of Scar in the new live-action version of Disney’s The Lion King which will be released on Friday 19 July.
- Pennyworth, the prequel to Batman will start airing in the US on Sunday 28 July. Ben Aldridge will star and Thomas Wayne and Jason Flemyng stars as Lord Harwood.
- Madison Clare (2016), Ryan Donaldson (2013) and Fred Fergus (2015) star in Captain Corelli’s Mandolin which transfers to the West End from Thursday 4 July, running at the Harold Pinter Theatre.
- Jack Hart (2015) writes and directs Man Down, which will run at the Tristan Bates Theatre from 9 – 13 July. The production stars fellow alumni Zoë Watson (2015).
Behind the scenes
- MA Directing graduate Ned Bennett’s production of Equus will transfer to the West End, running from Saturday 6 July at Trafalgar Studios.
- Sally Cookson will direct Peter Pan which opens at new venue Troubadour White City on Saturday 20 July.
- Claudine Toutoungi will be performing some of her work as part of Shubbak Festival of Cotemporary Arab Culture, on the National Theatre River Stage on 14 July and at [email protected] Tongue Fu on 13 July.
- Award-winning comedian Janine Harouni (2014) will present her show Stand Up with Janine Harouni (Please Remain Seated) at the Pleasance Theatre as part of Edinburgh Fringe Festival from Wednesday 31 July.
- Barney Fishwick (2018) will be performing at the Edinburgh fringe festival 31 July 2019 - 25 August with his comedy duo Giants in Giant Are Fjörd.
- £230,000 was raised at our fundraising gala on 23 June.
- It’s been confirmed The Windsors will be returning for a 3rd series, with Hugh Skinner as Prince William.
- Russell Granet has been announced at the new president and chief executive of The New 42nd Street.
- Jim Broadbent will be recording a cover version of his favourite song to help raise money for this year’s Children in Need.
Make sure you don’t miss…
- Last chance to see Harry Hadden-Paton’s Tony Award nominated performance as Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady. The musical ends its run at Broadway’s Lincoln Theatre on 7 July.
- Semester alumni Nkeki Obi-Melekwe is currently playing the title role in Tina – The Tina Turner Musical in the West End.
Get in touch
If you’re a LAMDA alumni and would like to tell us about a project you are involved in, email us at [email protected].
Published 5 July 2019