- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
June Alumni News
- David Moorst (2014) will play Puck in the upcoming production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream at the Bridge Theatre, running from 3 June – 31 August.
- Andrew Laithwaite (2018) stars in Crime and Punishment at The Cockpit Theatre from 4 – 8 June.
- Recent graduate Helen Reuben (2018) joins the ensemble cast of Pictures of Dorian Gray at the Jermyn Street Theatre from 5 June – 6 July.
- Sean Hart (2015) and Danny Mahoney (2011) will star in the UK Premiere of Afterglow at Southwark Playhouse, running from 5 June – 20 July.
- Yolanda Kettle (2011), Anthony Calf and Philippe Edwards (2017) star in David Hare’s Plenty at Chichester Festival Theatre from 7 – 29 June.
- 2018 Graduate Jonathan Ajayi will star in Strange Fruit at The Bush Theatre from 12 June – 27 July.
- Nancy Carroll and Gerald Kyd will play estranged couple Hester and Sir William Collyer in Deep Blue Sea at Chichester’s Minerva Theatre from 21 June – 27 July.
- Hot on the heels of his role as Lola in Kinky Boots, Simon-Anthony Rhoden (2009) will star as Harpo in Leicester Curve’s The Color Purple from 28 June – 20 July.
Behind the Scenes
- MA Directing Graduate Tinuke Craig (2010) directs The Color Purple at Leicester Curve from 28 June – 20 July.
- Natasha Chivers is the lighting designer for Deep Blue Sea at Chichester’s Minerva Theatre, running from 21 June – 27 July.
- Catch the work of alumni including Stiff & Kitsch (Rhiannon Needs and Sally O’Leary), Joseph Aldous, Emily Steck, Maude (Adelaide Waldrop, Eva Scott & Brendan Macdonald), Sion Eifion, Rosa Hesmondhalgh, Amy Garner Buchanan and Janine Harouni at MISHMASH, here at LAMDA on Saturday 8 June. Read our interview with 2017 graduate and Producer of the event Emily Carewe here.
- Read final year student Ell Potter’s interview in The Guardian about her production Hotter, running at Soho Theatre 11 – 15 June.
- Good luck to Ruth Wilson in at this month’s Tony Awards, taking place on Sunday 9 June. Ruth has been nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Play for her role in King Lear.
- Congratulations to LAMDA President Benedict Cumberbatch who won the BAFTA TV Award for Best Actor for his role in Patrick Melrose.
- Emily Beecham won Best Actress at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival for her role in Little Joe. Congratulations from everyone at LAMDA.
Make sure you don’t miss…
- Last chance to see Harry Hadden-Paton’s Tony Award nominated performance as Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady. The musical ends its run at Broadway’s Lincoln Theatre on 7 July.
- Tune in to BBC One on Tuesdays at 9pm to see Rory Kinnear in new drama Years and Years.
- Catch Rosalind Eleazer (2015) in The Starry Messenger, currently playing at the Wyndham’s Theatre until 10 August.
- New drama Good Omens from LAMDA Examinations alumnus Neil Gaiman is now streaming on Amazon Prime, starring alumni Anna Maxwell Martin and Benedict Cumberbatch.
Get in touch
If you’re a LAMDA alumni and would like to tell us about a project you are involved in, email us at [email protected].
Published 31 May 2019