- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- All Examinations
- ExamTrack Resources
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- All Examinations
- Widening Access
- Support Us
October Alumni News
- Carly-Sophia Davies (2018) plays Jess in Pavilion at Theatr Clwyd from 2 October.
- Kayla Meikle (2014) and Sophie Wu star in Vassa at the Almeida Theatre from 5 October.
- On 10 October performances of A History of Water in the Middle East begin at the Royal Court Theatre starring Laura Hanna (2011).
- Julie Hesmondhalgh stars as June in There Are No Beginnings at Leeds Playhouse from 11 October.
- The Antipodes runs from 21 October at the National Theatre starring Imogen Doel.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child runs at the Curran Theatre, San Francisco from 23 October, starring David Abeles and Corey Hedy (2018).
- Mercedes Assad (2019), David Moorst (2014) and Freddie Gaminara (2017) star in Light Falls at the Manchester Royal Exchange from 24 October.
- Douggie McMeekin (2014) will be playing Victor in Dirty Crusty at The Yard from 24 October.
Behind The Scenes
- Tinuke Craig (2010) directs Vassa at The Almeida which starts previews on 5 October.
- Holly Ellis (2016) has designed the lighting for Tokyo Rose at New Diorama Theatre from 8 October.
- Corey Bennett (2017) is the lighting technician and Video N#1 for Evita International Tour which begins 11 October at Shaanxi Performing Art Centre in China.
- Maria Colette Buckley (2017) will be stage manager on Book for The Girl Who Fell at Trafalgar Studios from 15 October.
- Performances begin on 24 October for Light Falls at the Royal Exchange, directed by LAMDA’s new director Sarah Frankcom and with sound design from alumna Alexandra Braithwaite.
- Natasha Chivers is lighting designer of The Antipodes running at the National Theatre from 21 October.
- Rajiv Pattani (2014) is the Lighting Designer on Dirty Crusty at The Yard from 24 October.
Screen & Audio
- Ell Potter (2019) narrates audible original Winter Rising, released on 1 October.
- Orion Lee stars in upcoming film First Cow which will be screened at New York Film Festival on 3 October.
- Toby Stephens is in Lost in Space Season 2, and it will have an exclusive first-look preview at New York Comic Con on Saturday, 5 October.
- Motherland series 2 premieres on 7 October on BBC Two starring Anna Maxwell Martin and Paul Ready.
- MyAnna Buring’s latest film Official Secrets will be released in the US in the UK on 18 October.
- Friday 18 October marks the release of Maleficient: Mistress of Evil with Chiwetel Ejiofor as Connal.
- Janine Harouni (2014) brings her sold-out debut show Stand up with Janine Harouni (Please Remain Seated) to the Soho Theatre from 7 October.
Make Sure You Don't Miss
- A Very Expensive Poison at The Old Vic until 5 October starring MyAnna Buring and Tom Brooke.
- Alyssa May Gold in Our Dear Dead Drug Lord at WP Theatre on Broadway until 20 October.
- There was awards success for 2018 graduate Adam Hugill for winning Best Actor in a Musical at The Stage Debut Awards on 15 October.
- Congratulations to Aaron Pierre for his Black British Theatre Awards nomination. He is nominated as Best Male in a Play for his role in King Hedley II.
- Shout out to Sasha Wilson (2014), Holly Ellis (2016) and the Out of Forest company for their Best Ensemble Offie Nomination for Call Me Fury.
- The UK Theatre Awards take place on Sunday 27 October. Congratulations to director Tinuke Craig (2010) for The Colour Purple’s Best Musical Production nomination and LAMDA’s new director Sarah Frankcom with nominations for Death of a Salesman (Best Play Revival) and West Side Story (Best Musical Production).
Calling all LAMDA Alumni! We’d love to hear all about the projects and productions you’re involved in. Drop us a line at [email protected] or tweet us @LAMDAdrama.
Published 30 September 2019