Train With Us: Study Abroad & Visas

Our international reputation means that students from around the globe come to London to train with us and overseas students are warmly welcome. We know that diversity in training produces better art and better artists and LAMDA thrives on the mix of cultures, backgrounds and perspectives our international students bring to the Academy.

  • If your passport is issued by a country in the EU, European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you can enter the UK freely - you do not need a visa. This includes dual nationals (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EU/EEA/ Swiss passport to enter the UK. You are also free to work in the UK.
  • If you do not hold an EU/EEA/Swiss passport and you want to train with us for more than six months, you’ll need to apply for the Tier 4 (General) student visa. If you have a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you will be allowed to work with some restrictions.
  • If you do not hold an EU/EEA/Swiss passport and you want to train with us for less than six months, you may need to have a short-term study visa. If you are in the UK on a short-term study visa, you are not permitted to work here.

The visa requirements for students coming to study in the UK are subject to change, particularly in light of Britain’s planned withdrawal from the EU, so we advise applicants to check the UK Visas and Information website for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the visa application procedure on the government website. More information is also available on our Life at LAMDA webpage.

Published on 23 October 2017.

Complete this survey and win tickets to a LAMDA show

Are you thinking about training at LAMDA? Tell us what you want to know before applying - whether that's how to prepare for your audition or what it's like to live and train in London - and you could be in with chance of winning a pair of tickets to a LAMDA show.