We’re sure that you’ll have a fantastic time as a LAMDA student, but occasionally, you can get caught out by the unexpected, so it’s best to make sure you’re covered financially for any eventuality.

Contents insurance

We recommend that you take out contents insurance whilst you study with us. There are lots of great insurance deals out there for students that won’t cost too much, but could make a big difference should you ever need it. Make sure you read the policy carefully and check for additional costs for things such as bikes, laptops and mobile phones.

Health insurance

If you’re an international student, make sure you have checked whether you’re entitled to free healthcare cover in the UK. If you have a Tier 4 Student visa, you’ll be eligible for NHS treatment, but some exclusions do apply. Even if you’re coming to train with us on a short or a semester course, you should take out private health insurance as you will be liable to pay for any medical treatment you receive. It’s best to do this before you leave your country to travel to the UK.

Travel insurance

If you need to travel to the UK for your course, make sure you have travel insurance that covers transport costs and loss of fees in the event that you become ill or an accident prevents you from taking up your place with us.