Alumni news: August edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Watch the new trailer for season 2 of The Witcher, which stars MyAnna Buring and is set to be released on Netflix on 17 December.
- George Kemp is currently starring in The Game of Love and Chance in Arcola Theatre’s first outdoor production. The show finishes its run on 7 August.
- Sam Stafford features in Big Finish’s adaptation of The Box of Delights.
- Watch Brian Cox in the trailer for Succession season 3, set to air later this year.
- Lucy Pearman’s Please Help is now available to watch on BBC iPlayer.
- Leon Stewart can currently be seen in the UK tour of Looking Dead Good.
- Masks and Faces, starring Madison Clare, is available to stream on the Finborough Theatre YouTube channel until 16 August.
- Annie May Fletcher is providing sound design for Carousel, playing at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre until 25 September.
- Watch the trailer for The Last Duel, which will star Dame Harriet Walter and Nathaniel Parker.
- Sam Crerar and Dame Janet Suzman feature in Jermyn Street Theatre’s staged reading of The Odyssey on 1 August.
- From 2 August, Ciaran Owens will star in The Windsors: Endgame at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
- Dominic Rawson is making his professional stage debut in Swimming at the White Bear Theatre, playing 3 – 21 August, with Anna Short providing sound design and Holly Ellis as lighting designer.
- Tingying Dong is providing sound design for Klippies, playing at the Young Vic from 4 – 13 August.
- ITV2 sitcom Buffering, starring Janine Harouni, begins on 5 August.
- Catch Anna Maxwell Martin in Constellations at Donmar Warehouse from 6 August – 12 September.
- Samuel Barnett will star in The Flock at Chichester Festival Theatre from 6 – 28 August, with Alexandra Faye Braithwaite providing sound design.
- Arty Froushan and Macy Nyman have been cast in Leopoldstadt, playing at Wyndham’s Theatre from 7 August.
- Overfl ow is showing at the Bush Theatre from 9 August – 9 October, with Tabitha Piggott as Production Manager.
- Piccolo Theatre, which includes George Rexstrew as Co-Artistic Director, has been announced as the recipient of this year’s Charlie Hartill Special Reserve Fund. The company’s show, Screen 9, is playing as part of the Pleasance Theatre’s Edinburgh Fringe programme from 10 – 29 August.
- Marvel’s animated series What If?, featuring the voice of Dominic Cooper, is set to arrive on Disney+ from 11 August.
- Daniel Abbot, Matt Cavendish and Yolanda Ovide have joined the cast of Groan Ups on its UK tour, starting on 12 August. Alexandra Faye Braithwaite will provide sound design and composition.
- MA Directing graduate Elizabeth Benbow will direct Four Sisters, a modern adaptation of Little Women, playing at the Hope Theatre in Islington from 16 – 19 August.
- Between 17 – 21 August, Joshua Eldridge-Smith can be seen in Jonah and Otto at the Bread & Roses Theatre in London.
- Laura Hanna will star in Once Upon a Time in Nazi Occupied Tunisia, playing at the Almeida Theatre from 21 August – 18 September.
- The Toll, starring Iwan Rheon, arrives in UK cinemas on 27 August.
- Megan Shandley stars in Our Ladies, set to be released in the UK on 27 August.
Things to look forward to
- Filming has begun for A Christmas Number One, a Sky Original film starring Iwan Rheon.
- Brian Cox has been announced amongst the voice cast of Blade Runner TV spin-off, Black Lotus.
- MA Directing graduate Anthony Lau will direct Anna Karenina at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield next February.
- Nathaniel Parker is returning as Henry VIII for Hilary Mantel’s stage production of The Mirror and the Light, playing at the Gielgud Theatre in London from 23 September to 28 November.
- Filming has begun on BBC drama Sherwood, which will star Adam Hugill.
- Gary Shelford has joined the cast of ITV’s Holding.
- From October, Patricia Hodge will be starring in the UK tour of Private Lives.
- Holly Ellis will be lighting Bobby & Amy on its UK tour this November.
- Anna Maxwell Martin has been cast in the second series of BBC comedy Mandy, which has recently begun filming.
- David Oyelowo and Ruth Wilson have been announced as part of the ensemble cast of See How They Run.
- Sir David Suchet has announced his upcoming tour, with conversation-style events across the UK this autumn.
- Congratulations to John Lithgow, who has been nominated for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series at the 2021 Emmys. Oslo, starring Ruth Wilson, was nominated for Outstanding Television Movie, and The Queen’s Gambit, which featured Harry Melling, was nominated for Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series.
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s The Power of the Dog and Ruth Wilson’s True Things will premiere at the Venice Film Festival later this year.