Alumni News: December edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Owners recently showed at Jermyn St Theatre, featuring Ryan Donaldson, Tom Morley and Laura Woodhouse.
- Gusta Matthews was Deputy Stage Manager and Luca Panetta was Lighting Designer on IF Opera’s productions of Iolante, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Fedora earlier this summer.
- Daisy Haggard and Paterson Joseph star in Boat Story, now streaming on BBC iPlayer.
- Tienne Simon stars in Dreaming and Drowning, now showing at the Bush Theatre until 5 January 2024.
- Tienne Simon can also be seen in BBC Three’s Grime Kids, which is now streaming on BBC iPlayer.
- Robert Emms is starring in The Homecoming, now showing at the Young Vic until 27 January 2024.
- The Time Machine with David Hearn is showing at Park Theatre until 30 December.
- Holly Ellis is the Associate Lighting Designer on A Sherlock Carol at Marylebone Theatre, playing until 7 January 2024.
- Josephine Lea Fadani has recently been working as Production Stage Manager at the Volksoper in Vienna and is currently the Stage Manager/Show Caller for the Disney Tarzan Musical at the Palladium Theater in Stuttgart.
- The Buccaneers, featuring Barney Fishwick, is now streaming on Apple TV+.
- Peace Oseyenum stars in Northern Stage’s production of Cinderella: A Fairytale from 2 December – 6 January in Newcastle.
- Tingying Dong is currently the Sound Designer on Rock ‘n’ Roll, showing at Hampstead Theatre from 6 December 2023 – 2 January 2024. The production stars Nathaniel Parker.
- Watch the new trailer for Vigil season 2, starring Rose Leslie, Amir El-Masry and Jonathan Ajayi. The new season begins on BBC One on 10 December.
- Debbie Chazen stars in Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Pig at JW3 from 10 December – 7 January.
- 2023 graduate Kitty Castledine is joining the cast of Eastenders, which airs on BBC One.
Things to look forward to
- Fool Me Once starring Richard Armitage begins streaming on Netflix from 1 January 2024.
- Philip Ridley's Leaves of Glass begins at the Park Theatre on 16 January 2024, starring Ned Costello and directed by Max Harrison.
- Lee Braithwaite is narrating the audiobook of The House of Broken Bricks, which is set to be released on 24 January 2024.
- Cabaret Trio’s Fascinating Aida show continue their 40th Anniversary Tour in early 2024. The trio features alumna Dillie Keane.
- Lee Braithwaite will star in RSC’s Cowbois when it transfers to London’s Royal Court Theatre next year.
- Tony Goldwyn has directed comedy-drama film Ezra.
- Michelle Bonnard has recently completed filming on Insomnia.
- Tingying Dong will be the Sound Design on Dear Octopus, which opens at the National Theatre from 7 February 2024. Júlia Levai will be the Staff Director.
- Amber Grappy will feature in Netflix’s upcoming adaptation of One Day, streaming from 8 February 2024.
- Work It Out runs at HOME MCR in March 2024, with lighting design by Laura Howard and sound design by Alexandra Faye Braithwaite.
- Alexandra Faye Braithwaite will also be providing sound design for Underdog: The Other Other Brontë at the National Theatre from 27 March 2024.
- Gilbert Kyem Jr and Emma Shipp have recently finished filming for Disney series Rivals.
- From 10 April 2024, London Tide opens at the National Theatre, starring Ami Tredrea and featuring Tingying Dong as Co-Sound Designer.
- Amir El-Masry has been nominated at the British Independent Film Awards for In Camera.
- Jess Haygarth has been announced as the new Community Associate at the Orange Tree Theatre.