Alumni News: June edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Catch up with Steeltown Murders, starring 2022 graduate Elinor Crawley, now streaming on BBC iPlayer.
- Mischief Theatre has extended its run on Broadway for two weeks before Peter Pan Goes Wrong moves to Los Angeles this August.
- Assassins, directed by Polly Findlay, plays at Chichester Festival Theatre from 3 – 24 June.
- Toby Gordon is featuring in Shakespeare in the Squares upcoming production of Twelfth Night, playing from 7 June – 7 July.
- Scratches, with Aoife Kennan, is playing at Omnibus Theatre as part of ’96 Festival from 9 – 10 June.
- Adam Hugill is starring in Dear England at the National Theatre from 10 June – 11 August.
- Tabitha Piggott is working on The Pillowman as Assistant Production Management, which opens at the Duke of York Theatre in the West End on 10 June.
- Dan Crespin and Emmanuel Olusanya are starring in these words that'll linger like ghosts till the day i drop down dead, playing at the Pleasance from 13 – 24 June.
- From 15 June – 2 July, Spy For Spy is showing at Riverside Studios, directed by Lucy Jane Atkinson, with lighting design by Holly Ellis and sound design by Anna Short.
- Tramaine Reindorf will be the Associate Director of Possession, running at Arcola Theatre from 15 June – 15 July.
- Daniel Ward is starring in Tambo & Bones at Theatre Royal Stratford East from 16 June – 15 July.
- Aisling Bea stars in Take That musical film Greatest Days, released on 16 June.
- From 20 – 25 June, Clara Courty-Zanca is starring in Rachel at Space Theatre.
- Prisoner’s Daughter, starring Brian Cox, is set to be released in US cinemas on 30 June.
- Hugh Coles stars in Back to the Future: The Musical when it arrives on Broadway on 30 June.
Things to look forward to
- Following its recent 24-hour performance at the Young Vic, a documentary of Ruth Wilson’s The Second Woman is set to be released.
- From 2 – 27 August, Ell Potter will appear at the Edinburgh Fringe in The Last Show Before We Die.
- Abubakar Salim has joined the cast of the second season of HBO’s House of the Dragon.
- Joseph Quinn has joined the cast for the upcoming Gladiator sequel.
- Rory Kinnear is set to return as Dave Fishwick in the sequel to Netflix film Bank of Dave.
- Polly Findlay is making her film directorial debut on Midwinter Break.
- Jeremy Irvine is set to star in horror film Return to Silent Hill, which recently started production.
- Julie Hesmondhalgh and Amit Shah have been cast in ITV series Mr Bates vs. The Post Office.
- The second season of Good Omens arrives on Amazon Prime from 28 July, starring Quelin Sepulveda and Niamh Walsh.
- Benedict Cumberbatch has been announced as starring in upcoming film The Thing With Feathers.
- Congratulations to Bella Kear and Laura Howard who have been named in the list of Jermyn Street Theatre’s 2023 Creative Associates.
- Congratulations to Natasha Chivers who has been nominated at the Tony Awards 2023 for Best Lighting Design of a Play for Prima Facie.
- Congratulations to William Robinson, who has won second prize at the Ian Charleson Awards 2023.