Alumni News: October edition
Here are just a few highlights of where you can catch our alumni this month.
We’d love to hear about any work LAMDA graduates are creating. Get in touch on [email protected] or send us a message on social media.
- Clare Higgins is now starring in Bridge Theatre’s production of John Gabriel Borkman until November.
- Kelly Strandemo’s play PRIMARY was presented at Weathervane Theatre on 9 September as part of a residency project, in collaboration with Out of the Box Theatrics.
- From 17 – 25 September, Laura Carswell directed Gruesome Playground Injuries at Kraine Theater in New York.
- Laurence Pears, Joseph Reed and Nicholas Maude are starring in Mousetrap, which is now playing across the UK on tour.
- Karen Pirie, starring Alec Newman, continues on Sundays in the UK on ITV. Catch up with the series so far on ITV Hub.
- 2022 graduate Sabrina Wu is starring in The Doctor, now showing at Duke of York’s Theatre until 11 December.
- Debbie Chazen currently features in Jews. In Their Own Words., showing at the Royal Court until 22 October.
- Jennifer Kirby is currently starring in TV series Vampire Academy, released on Peacock.
- The new adaptation of Interview with the Vampire, starring Sam Reid, begins on AMC in the US on 2 October.
- Danny Mahoney is joining the cast of Rebecca Frecknall’s Cabaret this October.
- Amy Hill is providing lighting design and Esme Scarborough is starring in Finborough Theatre’s new production of The Coral, running from 4 – 29 October.
- From 4 – 8 October, catch Matthew Canny as Mr Rochester in Courtyard Hereford’s production of Jane Eyre.
- Horror film Mr. Harrigan's Phone, starring Donald Sutherland, arrives on Netflix on 5 October.
- Lizzie Schenk is featuring in Good, which is playing at the Harold Pinter Theatre from 5 October.
- The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho, written by Paterson Joseph, will be published on 6 October.
- From 8 October, Murray Fraser stars in Local Hero at Chichester Festival Theatre.
- 2021 graduate Daniel Rock is starring in Tangle Theatre Company’s production of Richard the Second on its UK tour, this October and November, while Production and Technical Arts student Brent Tan is the Company Stage Manager.
- Tinuke Craig will be curator for Whose Planet Are You On? at the Old Vic on 16 October.
- Foundation course graduate Abigail Stones will appear in The School for Good and Evil, released on Netflix on 19 October.
- A Single Man is playing at Park Theatre from 19 October – 26 November, starring Freddie Gaminara, with Alice Wood as the Stage Manager.
- Geneva, the debut fiction novel from Richard Armitage, will be released through Audible Original on 20 October.
- Elephant runs at the Bush Theatre from 24 October – 12 November, and features sound design by Bella Kear, lighting design by Laura Howard and production management by Ruth Burgon.
- Joseph Prowen will be part of the cast for the RSC’s A Christmas Carol, which runs from 26 October 2022 – 1 January 2023.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is co-producing Letters Live, playing at the Royal Albert Hall on 27 and 28 October.
- Jonathan Howard and Jamie Bamber are amongst the cast of The Lair, which will be released in the US on 28 October.
Things to look forward to
- Edward Crook features in The English, available in the UK on BBC iPlayer from 10 November and internationally on Amazon Prime from 11 November.
- Spoiler Alert, starring Ben Aldridge, is set to be released in December. Watch the trailer.
- Alexandra Faye Braithwaite is providing Composition & Sound Design for How Not To Drown, playing at Theatre Royal Stratford East from January.
- Watch the new trailer for psychological horror film Knock At The Cabin, which is set to star Ben Aldridge and Nikki Amuka-Bird. It will be released in February 2023.
- George Rainsford will appear in Wish You Were Dead during its UK tour, beginning in February 2023.
- Congratulations to Niamh Gaffney for earning a first full show credit as Sound Designer with Autograph. Find out more here.
- Congratulations to Selina Jones, who has been nominated for Best Female Actor in a Play for An unfinished man, and to Habib Nasib Nader, who has been nominated for Best Supporting Male Actor in a Play for Life of Pi, at the 2022 Black British Theatre Awards.
- Congratulations to Georgina Duncan, who has been accepted onto Soho Theatre’s Writers’ Lab for 2022-23.
- Joseph Quinn has been included in Variety’s list of Ten Actors to Watch for 2022.
- Stuart Thompson has recently been interviewed by TresA magazine. Read the interview here.