About the PCertLAM
This qualification is for those learners who want to take their acting and performance studies further.
Combining both a written assessment (Unit One), in the form of a portfolio of evidence, and a practical element (Unit Two), this exam delves into the process and preparation, as well the performance, of a recital.
After drawing together their research in the portfolio of evidence, learners are able to demonstrate their technical skills in verse and prose recitation, and in acting as they perform a scene from a play.
LAMDA is recognised to award qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), in Wales by Qualifications Wales (QiW), and in Northern Ireland by the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
PCertLAM Unit 1 must be submitted online. Email your Portfolio of Evidence (Microsoft Word and PDF versions) and Assignment/Portfolio or Evidence Declaration Cover Sheet to [email protected].
PCertLAM Unit 2 is now available online. Find out how to book here.
What does the exam involve?
Type of exam: Solo
A written assignment called a Portfolio of Evidence. Please see the syllabus for full details.
Type of exam: Solo
Time allowance: 60 minutes
- A recital consisting of four pieces and links (an introduction, linking statements and a conclusion). The recital must be the same recital detailed in the Portfolio of Evidence submitted for Unit 1
- Sight-reading a text
- Answer questions about the performance
Please see the syllabus for full details.
Full details of the requirements, assessment criteria and regulations can be found in the LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) syllabus.
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) will have new syllabus specifications that come into effect for exams taking place from 1 August 2021
- We will still be assessing learners entered for the PCertLAM qualification against the 2016 syllabus specifications for all examinations taking place until 31 July 2021
- Learners entered for PCertLAM on the current syllabus must submit their Unit 1: Performance Theory portfolio and take their Unit 2: Presenting a Performance Recital Examination by 31 July 2021
You will need:
- Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) January 2016
- Assignment/Portfolio or Evidence Declaration Cover Sheet
These might also be useful:
- Teacher support material PCertLAM
- Key syllabus changes 2016: Musical Theatre and PCertLAM
- Knowledge Matters Volume 3
Registration forms are available in the download centre.