About the PCertLAM
This qualification is for those learners who want to take their acting and performance studies further.
Combining both a written assessment (Unit One), in the form of a portfolio of evidence, and a practical element (Unit Two), this exam delves into the process and preparation, as well the performance, of a recital.
After drawing together their research in the portfolio of evidence, learners are able to demonstrate their technical skills in verse and prose recitation, and in acting as they perform a scene from a play.
LAMDA is recognised to award qualifications on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), in Wales by Qualifications Wales (QiW), and in Northern Ireland by the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
PCertLAM Unit 1 must be submitted online. Email your Portfolio of Evidence (Microsoft Word and PDF versions) and Assignment/Portfolio or Evidence Declaration Cover Sheet to [email protected].
PCertLAM Unit 2 is now available online. Find out how to book here.
What does the exam involve?
Type of exam: Solo
A written assignment called a Portfolio of Evidence. Please see the syllabus for full details.
Type of exam: Solo
Time allowance: 60 minutes
- A recital consisting of four pieces and links (an introduction, linking statements and a conclusion). The recital must be the same recital detailed in the Portfolio of Evidence submitted for Unit 1
- Sight-reading a text
- Answer questions about the performance
Please see the syllabus for full details.
Full details of the requirements, assessment criteria and regulations can be found in the LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) syllabus.
- The new LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) came into effect for exams taking place from 1 August 2021
You will need:
- LAMDA Level 3 Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) syllabus, with effect 01 August 2021
- Assignment/Portfolio of Evidence Declaration Cover Sheet
These might also be useful:
- Teacher support material PCertLAM
- Knowledge Matters Volume 3
Registration forms are available in the download centre.