- Our Courses
- Our Exams
- ExamTrack Resources
- All Examinations
- Syllabus specifications for Communication, Performance, Group and Introductory Examinations
- Shakespeare Examinations
- Introductory Examinations
- Performance Examinations
- Communication Examinations
- Group Examinations
- Musical Theatre Examinations
- Further Examinations
- LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA Level 5 Diploma in Communication, Speech and Drama Education (LSDE) [Regulated Qualification]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Communication (LTCC) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- LAMDA International Teacher’s Certificate in Performance (LTCP) [Non-Regulated Examination]
- Applications Within The UK
- Applications From Outside The UK
- About Examinations
- How to teach LAMDA Examinations
- How to find a Teacher
- LAMDA Level 2 Award in Speaking and Listening Skills
- Teach LAMDA Exams Graphic
- Widening Access
- Support Us
LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama:
Performance Studies (PCertLAM)
Entering for the LAMDA Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM)
Unit entries for the PCertLAM syllabus dated January 2016 do not require a separate syllabus registration before entering for each unit. To enter a learner for a unit assessment please complete a Certificate in Speech and Drama: Performance Studies (PCertLAM) Unit Entry Form available to download below.
For Unit 1
The written assignment (Portfolio of Evidence) can be submitted to LAMDA at any time. Two copies must be submitted to LAMDA with a completed entry form, Assignment/Portfolio of Evidence cover sheet and the full entry fee payment. There is no requirement to book an examination date for a Unit 1 entry.
For Unit 2
The learner will be assessed by a LAMDA examiner in a practical examination. The learner must enter for their Unit 2 examination at a LAMDA Public, Private or International Centre. To enter a learner for a Unit 2 examination, a PCertLAM entry form together with the full entry fee payment must be received by LAMDA six weeks (for UK Centres) or 10 weeks (for International Centres) in advance of the first date of the Centre’s examination session.
Please note: Entry forms submitted that are incomplete, late, not current or received with incorrect payment will be returned.
Performance Theory and Practice
Prepare a written workbook of between 5000 and 6000 words that demonstrates research into the preparation of a themed performance recital in verse, prose and drama.
Presentation of a Performance Recital
Present a themed recital incorporating an introduction, linking statements and a conclusion, and including memorised verse, prose and drama.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age do I have to be to take the PCertLAM?
The PCertLAM is open to all. There is no minimum age restriction.