The first festival of its kind sharing newly commissioned work-in-progress pieces, celebrating the self-created work and artistry of LAMDA alumni and their contemporaries.
Apply to be part of it and shape the festival programme. Applications for LAMDA alumni and their contemporaries open Friday 19 November until Friday 17 December.
MishMash festival will be a collection of live performances, workshops and panel discussions centring on boundary pushing artistry, self-created work and professional development.
Audience members will be able to immerse themselves in the performances and workshops and tailor the programme to their own interests.
The weekend festival will take place from Friday 29 April – Sunday 1 May 2022.
Be part of the festival
Applications Now Open
Applications close Friday 17 December
We are looking for applications from LAMDA Alumni and their contemporaries to be part of this event and share their work with our audience. We are looking to commission brand new seeds of ideas which can be developed into work-in-progress performances. We have three types of performance slots available for you to apply for.
- We don't have a brief you need to meet, we are particularly interested in new narratives, un-heard voices, form bending work and ideas that challenge you as an artist.
- We see this as an artist playground. A space to try things out, experiment with your craft and learn from each other.
- We'll invite press and industry professionals to ensure MishMash is a platform that provides opportunity and visibility for everyone involved, you bring the creative and bold ideas.
If you have any questions, you can get in touch with the production team directly on [email protected]
THE TEN MINUTE
A ten-minute maximum work-in-progress piece.
9 commissions available - The fee paid by MishMash is £250.
Additional budget for a director for up to 8 hours of rehearsal.
Each piece will have budget for a maximum of 2-3 performers per piece.
THE TWENTY MINUTE
A twenty-minute maximum work-in-progress piece.
6 commissions available - The fee paid by MishMash is £500.
- Additional budget for a director for up to 12 hours of rehearsal.
- Each piece will have budget for a maximum of 3-4 performers per piece.
THE FORTY MINUTE
A forty-minute maximum work-in-progress piece.
6 commissions available - The fee paid by MishMash is £1,000
- Additional budget for a director for up to 20 hours of rehearsal.
- Each piece will have budget for a maximum of 4-5 performers per piece.
What to include in your pitch for MishMash
Answer these three questions in your application:
1. Tell us who you and/or your group are and what your relationship is with LAMDA.
2. Tell us about your idea...What do you want to create?
3. Why is LAMDA MishMash Festival the right place to develop your idea?
How to apply
1. You'll submit an awesome pitch in whatever medium suits you eg. word doc, voice note, powerpoint or video.
2. Include the answers to the three pitch questions
3.Keep your application to 150 words per question or 2 minutes per question for a voice note or video submission.
[Applications open Friday 19 November 2021]
Further details on the rehearsal times and fees
Every slot is for a work in progress piece, and we encourage you to keep that in mind when developing your idea for application, and if you receive a commission.
On a pay rate of £12-15/hr (or £100-£125 per day), we wouldn’t expect you to do more than 15-20 hrs of work for a 10-minute commission, 35-40 hrs for a 20-minute commission, and 70-80 hrs for a 40-minute commission.
Technical rehearsals from Monday 25th April -Thursday 28th April 2022
Rehearsals in LAMDA from 18th – 22nd April 2022.