International student funding

Helpful resources for overseas students to help understand your funding options.

Is there funding available for my country?

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is a helpful resource to find out what funding you may be eligible for.

We also recommend contacting the Department of Education in your home country for details of any government scholarships or funding which may be available for overseas study.

Loans for students from the USA

LAMDA is approved by the US Dept for Education to participate in the US Federal Direct Loan Program. Our Federal School Code is G21086. All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses lasting a year or more are covered. These are: 

If you wish to apply for US Federal Loan funding, please first read the Student Guide to Direct Loans and the Consumer Information. Students receiving US Federal funding must meet strict attendance and progress requirements, which are explained in this guide to Satisfactory Academic Progress.

You may also apply for funding to student loan company, Sallie Mae. LAMDA is also eligible to receive funding via the US Veterans Administration.

The financial aid information page FinAid provides a free, comprehensive and objective guide to student financial aid in the USA. It includes sections on study abroad and an online database search engine, FastWEB.

Note: the websites and agencies listed are for your information and do not carry any endorsement from LAMDA.

US applicants for the MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre may be eligible to apply for the Fulbright-John Wood LAMDA Award to cover tuition fees and help with maintenance costs. 

There is no funding available if you're training on a short course.